How to Relax and Paint Serendipitously
How do you just relax and paint? It can be hard sometimes, but this exercise allows you to enjoy painting with less stress. I call it Serendipitous Painting!
- Start with a clean canvas a glue random shapes of patterned paper. Scrapbook paper works great. Let dry.
- Fill in the empty spaces with different colors of paint. You can also paint over some of the scrapbook paper. Let dry
- Using stencils and texture paint, add some texture to the painting. Let dry
- Add splatters and drips. You can turn the canvas upside down, sideways. There is no up or down right now.
- Pick the section of the painting you like the most.
- We use stencils in the class but you can free hand a simple shape. Once your shape is drawn you may decide you need more that one (Odd numbers work best).
- Paint out everything BUT the shapes. You will be painting over the background. I use white but you can add other colors in as long as it really contrasts the shape.
- Tada, you are done. You just serendipitously created a piece of art!
This is a class taught at my studios space, Create Studios, in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. www.CreateBR.com
Now go craft your own way!